Warning Signs of Unhealthy and Unequal Relationships
SUPERIORITY: The primary characteristic of an abuser.
• Does he tell you what to do?
• Make most of the decisions?
• Does all the talking?
• Blame you?
• Is critical of you?
• Gives you an ‘allowance’?
• Tells you what to wear?
POSSESSIVENESS: He thinks he owns his victim, even after separation
• Is he jealous & possessive?
• Does he check up on you?
• Accuse you of cheating?
• Want you all to himself?
• Put down your friends and family?
• Scare you?
• Make you afraid of his reactions?
• Pressure you to have sex whether you want to or not?
HAS RIGID AND UNEQUAL GENDER ROLE EXPECTATIONS
• Expects females to do the shopping, cooking and cleaning.
• Expects boys to be tough and strong.
• Expects females to be weak and submissive.
• Expects females to obey.
• Expects males to be the king of the household.
, San Rafael, CA (2014)The Center for Domestic PeaceFrom